Monday, June 7, 2010

We have a full-term baby!



My 9 month belly shots :P



How far along? 37w5d Full-term is 37 weeks. It is such a blessing to be this pregnant!

Total weight gain: I think I was +40 the other day. Sigh

Appointments: Had my 37 week appt last week. A teeny bit more progress - 2 cm/80%/-1. Also found out my GBS was negative.

How big is baby? baby is now considered full term, even though your due date is still three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. She weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.






Maternity clothes: Actually, went out for a walk in pre-pg work-out clothes! Felt very proud.

Stretch marks: I don't think I've gotten any more

Sleep: Last night I slept sooo soundly after playing volleyball for 2 hours at the in-laws

Movement: Poor girl is out of wiggle room.

Food cravings: Not really...I've actually had decreased appetite

Food aversions: No

Belly button: Still a shallow innie

Symptoms: A ton of contractions. I actually thought my water broke the other day. I soaked through two pairs of undies in just a couple of hourse. The doc told me to come in...here's what happened.

On the way to the hospital, I starting throwing up and had to stop at McDonald's to have diarrhea. Not enjoyable, but it made me think that I could actually be in labor.

When I got to the hospital, the hooked me up to the monitors. Contrax were still very irregular, HB was steady. The nurse did the strip test for amniotic fluid and checked me. She said I was very soft, but closed. I told her that at my appt on Tuesday I had been 2cm dilated already. She said that was impossible. I blame her fat fingers. But anyway...

The fluid come back negative - I wasn't leaking. Turns out I have a yeast infection! Ewww. The nurse asked if I have been uncomfortable down there. I was like, "Well yes...I've been uncomfortable for months!" She said that I should be thankful that I'm not in labor since it would be extra uncomfortable to push the baby out with such a bad infection.

The doc sent me home.

Since then I have lost some bits of mucus plug. It really feels like my body is getting ready!


What I'm looking forward to: Going into labor! I feel so ready


Weekly Wisdom: Accept help. My mom and sister came over to help clean the other day...having a clean house has really helped me relax!

Weekly joy: Being full-term. I love hearing the doc say I'm ready to go any minute!


2 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

OMG ur soooooo close! Crossing fingers for a quick labor.

Mary said...

I'm so excited! I'm here to help you anytime you need it also! I'm so happy this is progressing naturally for you also. yay!